Wednesday, August 17, 2005

My Secret Companion Rides with me - Bobbi


Image hosted by Photobucket.com



My secret companion, I thought hidden well

Was brought on this journey for stories to tell

For he begged me to take him on this mystery ride

So he could write poetry and song by my side

For grown ups and children, a passion so strong

To write from his soul is what he does long



This owl called Salish, a bird of the night

A shy and hurt being, he must be carried at light

He makes observations from silent high perch

At his home, in the Soul, of the Cafe..... his church

He watches the patrons and weaves story and song

from the wise and understanding conclusions he's drawn


Now Salish and I are being whisked far away

by Wizard and Stallion and owl, Aday

through snow and forest, to where this journey will end

to new lands and adventures, a warm Inn and good friends

Bobbi (and Salish_the_Owl)

1 Comments:

At 3:36 PM, Blogger Gail Kavanagh said...

A beautiful poem - and a most eye wateringly beautiful horse.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home