Thursday, October 20, 2005

Flight of Fancy

Well another day has gone and I was just about giving up on the Raven Courier service to send me a ticket and just then a knock at the front door.....

I called out "The keys in the door,just let yourself in"

I always leave the key in the door, habit I inherited from my Mother Jessie. Little did I know, who or what it was at the door otherwise I would not have called out so loudly from the back of the house .

When I did open the old wooden door, sitting on the blue stone step was an envelope ... Bright white with a black raven stamped on the front , clear as clear, no advertising needed... I knew what it was.

I opened it very carefully, wanting to keep it for my future album of the trip ...and inside was a beautifully hand drawn invitation ... I thought to myself ... The artist in le Enchanteur is going ahead in leaps and bounds.....

I have a date, a time, a welcome, and directions in case I become disorientated on the flight ... not that Pegasus will, but I am apt to panic a bit as my sense of direction has never been good, point me North I am ok but ask me to go North and as sure as sure I will go West.... I need a compass sewn into my body somewhere(No suggestions thank you)

A good nights sleep as I am off tomorrow, will see you all there.

Lois (Muse of the Sea) 21/10/05..
************************
PS. I am treating this trip as a special birthday gift to myself.
in 2006 - 18-10-1936 -18-10-2006 I will be 70.
**** ************* ****
I only hope there will be a very special trip next year as I will be ready for it... This 2005 trip is just a practice run for me.
******************************

2 Comments:

At 9:42 PM, Blogger le Enchanteur said...

You know, I cannot believe, after all these years that I now actually know the date of your birthday Lois. Birthdays have simply been the one thing we have never done. Strange really!

Well I will have a cake on Saturday arvo so be here for afternoon tea. And that is an order.

As for next year, well it is all marked up on the calendar now sweet pea. Mine is the 27th August so you can set the pattern by bringing me a bunch of flowers from your garden and we will have begun a lovely new habit.

 
At 3:59 AM, Blogger faucon of Sakin'el said...

Lois has Pegasus poems and references on some other blogs -- should they noty be moved here as well?

faucon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home